Info Bar

info.rescueaboxer@gmail.com

Canadian Registered Charity #85269-7440RR0001

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mabel has passed to the Bridge




It is with a heavy heart we pass on to everyone that sweet Mabel has passed to the bridge.  Our hearts go out to the Kochnowich family at this time, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking such good care of sweet Mabel.  All the volunteers of Without Borders Boxer Rescue


Hello all.

I hope you remember, sweet Mable and I.    I have sad news to report.  My children and I had to let Mable go to be the angel that she is.  On Fri. Nov. 14 th at 9:00 am, we were with Mable as she  was Euthanized.  I held her in my arms and she stood and stayed strong until the end.

Mable had a very large tumor in her bladder which was bleeding and preventing her from peeing.  We only started seeing some problems with Mable health 2 weeks prior.  She should no real signs of ever being sick.  The odd accident in the house,  and that was about it, with the exception that I could not get Her to eat much.  

The tunor was the biggest they had ever seen in the bladder and it was inoperable.  I was not going to let this sweet sweet angel suffer from the inability to urinate and she was going to fade quickly.  It was heartbreaking to see her struggle to pee.  

We brought Mable home for her last night with us.  She was given some pain meds.  She had Pizza and roast beef for supper and some chocolate as well.   She never had chocolate with us before, and she LOVED it.   My son , daughter, Mable and myself all slept in my bed that night.  we wanted to get as much of Mable as we could.

I can not thank you enough, for finding us Mable.  She exceeded my expectations in words I can not describe.  She loved those kids of mine soooooooooooooooooo much.   She was gentle and loving and never angry or bitter.   She made such a huge impact in my life.  I never had a dog before.   I trusted Mable completely with my children.  Something I never thought I would be able to do.   She had shown me so many things about myself.  I am so proud to have been a part of her life. 

Thank you so much,

 

LISA 

No comments: