Info Bar

info.rescueaboxer@gmail.com

Canadian Registered Charity #85269-7440RR0001

Friday, September 26, 2008

Henry Update (Sept. BRLA/WBBR Run)


Hi Chantelle,
 
How are you doing?  I hope all is well.  I just read your e-mail and wishing I read it earlier.  Our flight was good and we are all safe.  Well it sounds like Henry has lots of quirks but not the same quirks in different homes.  I have found that he does not mind Stainless steel bowls or the rice and beef I have been feeding him.  It has been a scary, interesting, funny week and a half but I am happy to say that Henry is starting to feel at home.
 
The scary part of the week was he escaped out of our yard to do his business and then comes back.Henry had blood in his very runny poops so I took him to our vets and we put him on some meds to help tighten up the stools.  The blood is a high possibility of stress. I also had him weighed and found out he lost 2 lbs which blow me away especially with the amount of food he eats.  I was hoping that the weight difference was the differences of the scales so I took him in again today and in four days Henry has gain 1.9 lbs which was awesome, Henry now weighs 46.3 lbs.
 
I have attached some pictures of Henry and Dexter's first day together and Henry making himself at home.  I find the only quirks Henry has is all in his personality.  The two boys are doing great and playing well.  Henry cheats alittle by running in circles and hitting Dexter with his back end it's quite funny to watch.
 
It is really great to see Henry's eyes full of life instead of sadness.  Thank you so much again.  I'll keep you updated.
 
From Catherine

No comments: