Info Bar

info.rescueaboxer@gmail.com

Canadian Registered Charity #85269-7440RR0001

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Conky (BRLA's Charlotte) Update




Hi guys,
 
It's been a few months since I've had Conky with me and she is such a joy! She comes to work with me every day and loves meeting all the puppies and adores our 3 clinic cats. She loves our kitties at home too but unfortunetly they aren't as accepting of her kisses and play invitations as the cats at work.  She had a big accident at the end of June, my first day of holidays I was in the kitchen getting the house ready so we could fly to Nova Scotia that night and somehow Conky managed to break a window in the sunroom. I can only assume she scratched the window while watching a squirrel and the old glass just shattered. She sliced her leg open pretty good. Severed a vein. Luckily, I called my boss and she came and picked us up and took us back to the clinic to get her fixed up. She was not too happy to spend her holidays with a cone on her head. 
My boyfriend and I also decided before we got her that she would not be allowed to sleep on the bed. It was going well until there was a big thunderstorm one night and we heard her sneak upstairs and stand there waiting for an invitation. She has been sleeping with us at night ever since. 
I thought I would just send a couple of pictures of her at work, she is currently helping us take care of two orphan kittens. She likes to give them baths after mealtimes and she also cleans their bums and they pee and poop all over her but she loves it!
Hope all is well with you and the rescue and if any of you are ever in Calgary please stop by and see our little Conkaroo!
 
Natasha Ziabek 

No comments: